Saturday, April 11, 2009

Caught up on iKnow at Smart.fm

Today I did the usual 10 w/ 2 new, then one with 3 new... then an all 10 new!
The all-ten-new ones are harder usually... but this one had a lot I've just done myself.

First off ,there was:
高校生 - koukousei - High School student
上手 - jouzu - good, skilled

Then:
強い - strong - tsuyoi
七 - nana - seven (alternate 7 pronunciation)
they covered 二十日 / hatsuka / 20 days, surprisingly.

The two ones I had trouble with were:
触る - touch,feel - sawaru
痛い - pain - itai

The ten new were mostly numbers and family members.
Curious? See Numbers#1, Numbers#2, and Family.
The few truly new ones are:
暖かい - atatakai - warm
有る - aru - exist,possess
良い(いい)- good - often just in kana
上 - ue - up,above
動く - ugoku - move

I picked out two words from sentences:
誕生日 - tanjoubi - birthday
桃 - momo - peach

"Happy Birthday" is 誕生日、おめでとう。(tanjoubi, omedetou)

For you who are interested in this, but not particularly 私の日本語, it's pronounced
(tawn-joe-bee, oh-med-et-ohh).

My sentences for today are:
banana ga nanahon arimasu.
バナナ が 七本 あります。
(There are 7 bananas)
I love saying this fast... lol... there aren't spaces in 日本語.

The other was had wind in it (kaze)
kyou wa kaze tsuyoi.
今日は風が強い。
(the wind is strong today)

I'm getting better at understanding the sentences without the translations... yay.



(peace.)

0 response(s):

Post a Comment