Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Moonlight Bestowal

That's the name of my most recent piece.
It's a beauty, but it needs something... I don't know what...
Anyway, here it is.
I think it's one of the better ones I've done in some time. The name was spontaneous after I added the last touch - the moon. It is a wave of the sea tossing in the pouring rain on a stormy night. The foam glows in a surreal manner in the narrow stream of moonlight. It's very... poetic?

It's a theme that has always followed much of my music and poetry composition. It's rather strange to me to find that this is the best rain result so far. There's almost a little bit of irony to it - I was looking for something unique, and the uniqueness came out of a cliché of mine. Huh.

The rain was done by brushes of my own design. My ideas were heavily taken from this tutorial.
Aside that rain work, it was all purely mine. My personal brushes made the bubbles and the streamlines are standard-brush pen tool work. The bubble silhouettes on the right are my own gradient+circular selection idea. I used cloud/difference cloud filters, and I set lots of layers' blending to "soft light".

0 response(s):

Post a Comment