Thursday, April 2, 2009

Studying Guitar Hero (Seriously)

I'm not going to rant about playing the video game.

I'm saying I'm seriously studying it, from a guitar perspective.
I'm learning how they made the difficulty increase, and how it applies to the real songs.

I've learned several riffs from misc. songs already, and I can play one of them.
It's My Name Is Jonas by Weezer.

The tricks used to make the things that sound difficult are simple hammer-ons and pull-offs. With mastering those, I'll be able to play anything.

The Metal by Tenacious D (i.e. Jack Black lol...) I know most of.
If you know it or listen to it, you'll discover it doesn't sound easy... and it's not.

I've learned lots already taking this seriously, and if you're learning to play guitar, take a peek at guitarherotab.com, specifically GH III if you want to see the stuff I'm interested in.

It's all good... I'll add a permanent link on the left under guitar! If you're going there, you'd better have spent or be planning to spend some time at Guitar Cardio too!

I haven't had time to work on my song of late. I need to continue...

0 response(s):

Post a Comment