Thursday, April 9, 2009

Overhaul! New Blog Theme

I spent ALL DAY yesterday coding my blog.
The thing's a nightmare to sit down and rearrange.

The Blogger code uses XHTML, JS, and other crap all inside CSS.
It's insane. No, it's a NIGHTMARE.

I spent forever trying to get my menu bar to work I'd previously given up on... Turns out, it was all Photobucket's fault.
With my luck, I'm not surprised.

I got it almost finished, and it's a lot nicer than before. What I decided was relatively simple: Use Moonlight Bestowal as a background. I made all of the other colors match, and I enjoy it. I wanted something watery and rainy for April, so I got it.

It's all blue! Blue is my favorite color... I could look at it all day...

The results are pleasing.
I wish the title area looked better, and I'll fix it, but not now. It's ok for this minute. When I find what I want I'll figure out how to put it there. I still am not sure...

I'm gradually changing the code, and it's becoming less and less restrictive. I remember back when I added my third column... that was a lot of fun. NOT.

Coding other people's code is annoying, no matter how carefully it's documented...
The Blogger theme I started with? Minima Black.
If you look at Marianne's Blog, Green Blue Purple, You'd see mine in it's early days, minus her ocean pic. I love her ocean pics, though...

0 response(s):

Post a Comment