Friday, December 19, 2008

Japanese for the Day

No - I didn't leave out my regular post.

This evening was crazy, but I did study earlier in the day, for a little bit.
I was cleaning my room all day - and good thing, too - I didn't think anyone would end up going in there. But I was wrong.

Anyways, the words of the day are a little odd. Some of them are old.
死ぬ - shinu - to die
乗る - noru - to ride, take (taxi,car,bus, etc.)
書く - to write (already knew this one)
安い - cheap (inexpensive)
頭 - atama - head
話す - hanasu - to say,tell (knew this one, too)

I must say, the whole "my dog got sick and died" example (with pic) was rather... I dunno... politically incorrect? slightly disturbing, at the very least. Not that it bothered me, but still...

hanasu and kaku I already knew. Technically, kaku is new. I knew the kanji by itself as the noun "sho", or "writings."

0 response(s):

Post a Comment