Friday, December 12, 2008

Silver Bells

I started playing random Christmas songs while I was playing my guitar tonight. I don't know what's come over me. I love Christmas all of a sudden. Came up with multiple ways of playing Silver Bells...

I still have exams and crap I don't want to deal with tomorrow - I don't have much to look forward to, either. I just am "in the mood" for Christmas this year. Weird.

Anyways, I developed a great way of learning to play a version of anything. If you begin to play like a child hitting single notes on a piano, you can eventually find the key something is in, and switch the single notes for chords that contain them. Finding appropriate ones isn't as difficult as you would think it would be; it's much easier than playing piano, anyway.

So get out there and learn to play some Christmas songs! I don't care if you play piano, guitar, flute, clarinet, or a tuba or ukulele for crying out loud! It's Christmas time, and there are good songs out there. Yes, many have been played too often and are irritating. Some of them still have their charm, though, and should be sought after.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment