Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Picking Up New Sounds

I've been looking to broaden my range in every conceivable interpretation of those words. For one thing, I need to work on my singing. For another, I need to learn to create more varying tunes on my guitar, and I need to find some new stuff to listen to.

I think I'm going to attempt I'll Be that Lee proposed. That might help with vocals.

The current song I've been working with has made my hand all cramped in new places... Ultimately, that means I'm doing new things, which is a good sign of improvement.

The new thing I'm looking into is Dashboard Confessional. Some of their songs are easily recognizable - though I didn't know I liked them. Kyle, a friend in a class mentioned them as a place to find songs to learn... sounds like a plan.


However, my main concern is getting new things to play, and I still don't feel like I've found success, even though there's lots of songs I'm still working on... it's some kind of loopy desire I seem to have all of a sudden to want to be able to play anything... even though such a thing isn't feasible.

Does anyone have ideas for Christmas songs to learn? Piano or guitar, I'm in the mood.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment