Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Surprise

I was pleasantly surprised to be introduced to this awesome "translator bot" tonight by Marianne. I dunno how she found it, but I'm grateful... It's kinda freaky how smart it is.
It's not perfect, but I thought it might be a person for a sec...

It's a google bot you can put on your google chat list. It will parrot anything you say to it back to you in the language you've chosen! It's awesome. She was kinda confusing me for a sec when she spoke in Japanese - correctly... I was like... well... fast learner? cheater helping?

I didn't know what to think. Usually the grammar of translators is very poor. This one's not perfect by any standard, but it's better than I am. Faster, if nothing else.

The link she gave me is here:
http://www.google.com/support/talkgadget/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=89921
It's not only in Japanese... you could use a Russian/Spanish/French/German/whatever-you-want one!

2 response(s):

Marianne said...

you're welcome. my brother showed it to me.

PlasmaRob said...

and it's awesome.

Post a Comment