Sunday, November 30, 2008

Another Song and a Birthday

I've been learning a new song I was going to show to Marianne, as soon as I'd straightened it up, along with Alyssa's.

Today's her birthday. Not that she wanted anyone to know... such a mysterious girl...
So... since that ain't happnin'... I'll elaborate.

It's Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson.
It's a fun song, albeit a difficult one.
the sliding around, at the beginning for example, is very hard to do.

The new chords are:

G7 - 353433
Amin7 - 575555
D - 557775
C7 - 335353, and
C7 - x323xx (very uncommon/unique slide variant of x212xx(B7) )

D is only used on the bridge.

Hopefully I'll be able to play it for her at some point...
There was a time I considered getting Daniel to learn it, but it would have taken half a year even if he had wanted to... Hardest song I've learned up to this point.

Can't you see, can't you see... Rain all day and I don't mind.

3 response(s):

Marianne said...

a song for me?! what for? not for my birthday, i hope..

PlasmaRob said...

Fine. It doesn't have to be for your birthday if you don't want it to. Besides, It's not like I had anyway of knowing when your birthday was...

Marianne said...

so it couldn't have been for my birthday anyway, since you didn't even know when my birthday was..

Post a Comment