Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Looking Up Sentences

I have a little secret I've used to help myself with learning new words and phrases. And sentences, for that matter.

At the Jisho (jisho is japanese for dictionary, fyi) (http://jisho.org/sentences/) I look up key words in their sentence search. It's taught me a lot about grammar.

辞書 is the kanji for jisho/dictionary. It's word/term + writing(s). Just a thought...


It's useful for learning new words, too.
Most of the words are links to their definitions. (infinitive, it doesn't discuss tense)
I can learn words to help me use words i already know better!

The most important ones i've learned are こと ("thing"), しかし ("but"), and ついて ("about").
こと is rather generic, and often used with another word. It threw me off a while back when i was tying to figure out something else ( the "-are" passive).

Japanese grammar, as hard as it is, once you get over it you can read almost anything (if you're looking up the sundry kanji).


アコースティックギターが欲しい!しかし、貧しい・・・。
I want an acoustic guitar! But I'm poor...

0 response(s):

Post a Comment