Thursday, November 20, 2008

Energy Transfer

That's the title of my latest piece. It uses the blending mode "screen", a layer blending option, "outer glow", and a new technique, noise gradients.
It really wasn't that hard to do; I just started with filter> render> clouds like I often do. I used green and black. It looked dirty, so I downed the brightness and upped the contrast.

Using the mode "screen", i used a series of green-to-black gradients; the "screen mode" makes black transparent, giving me the noise grad stripes&circle and the normal-grad beams of light.

I used a random circle brush.
I also used some plus brushes I had. I divided everything into separate layers, so I could manipulate things individually -- i had four "plus" layers. I gave them all a green outer glow.

I later manipulated the colors, making the circles teal and moving the angled pluses toward yellow.

It was an easier project than you would think. My advice for today: experiment!

0 response(s):

Post a Comment