Sunday, November 2, 2008

As a Matter of Fract(al)

Today I found a program. A very special program. And I'm addicted. To it. Bad.
I've been looking for a method of generating fractals for my art in photoshop.

AND I FOUND IT !!!!!!

It's called ContextFree, and you can find it HERE.
You have to "learn" to use it, because it's like a programming engine.
It would only take someone a few days, though. it's rather simple.
I did it in a few hours -- I'm a programmer though, so it was easier for me. This is an image I made entirely in ContextFree. I invented a tree and grew a whole bunch of them.

If anyone expresses interest, I can post a few how-to tutorials. There's a lot of experimentation involved in learning it, so it's fun.
I have many friends that use photoshop, but I don't know how many visit here. I would be delighted to teach it (it'll do INCREDIBLE things), but I won't waste my breath if there's no need. I will be posting art that involves ContextFree, so if anyone has tried to imitate my works, they'll likely begin to need this now.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment