Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Techniques On the Strings

I've had to work hard to get to where i can play the new song I've been working on.

I've never had too much difficulty with sliding up and down, but now I'm having to do it with switching on the E and A strings.
Sliding and jumping on the low E is a pain; I do it on the high e all the time, but when you drop from A to E or try to slide down on E, the finger wants to slip the string off the neck.
It's my fault; I need to stop hitting it at an angle, and hit it straight down.
Practice makes perfect! Anyways... The song is going well, and I hope to have it done soon.

If anyone has ideas as to what I ought to learn next, I'd be grateful.
I was going to learn Cookie Jar, but I've had trouble getting a hold of good tabs... either that or I'm doing something wrong... I know enough Jack Johnson songs for now, anyway.

I still need to write a song, but haven't found inspiration yet... I have a few chord ideas, though.

can't you see that it's just raining...

3 response(s):

Unknown said...

I'm still waiting on my song...

PlasmaRob said...

I'll take care of that soon.

rekcedeel said...

I'll Be (Acoustic Version) by Edwin McCain.
Or not.
Whatever.

Post a Comment