Monday, October 6, 2008

First Day Up - Guitar

My roommate plays my guitar more than I do.
I suppose it makes sense, since he doesn't have classes right now and I do.
He writes beautiful lyrics, and I hope to learn some of what he's written.
Don't tell me this is love. Just look at what it does to us...

If you're a guy, and you don't play guitar, you should. Girls love it. And it's a powerful form of expression.

I keep my guitar in standard tuning, so I'll refer to chords in eADGBE form. for example,
E minor would be 000220, and D (major) would be 2120xx.

I know how to play a number of things, like:
"Hey There, Delilah" (Plain White T's)
"Be Like That" (3 Doors Down)
"Fall Line" and "Times Like These" (Jack Johnson)
"Minority" and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" (Green Day)
"Prettiest Friend" (Jason Mraz)
and a few I've written,
"Without Rain" and "Touching Fire", to name some.

My favorite chord is Em (000220).
The ones I use most as a group are:
D 2120xx
A 022200
G 300023

I'll probably keep a list of useful ones to know eventually.

The best websites for guitar:
JGuitar.com is an excellent chord dictionary.
ultimate-guitar.com has tabs for virtually every song out there.

3 response(s):

Unknown said...

what's my song called?

rekcedeel said...

Your roommate?
... who? Sir? Or is it Brad?

PlasmaRob said...

It's called Another Year.

Post a Comment