Sunday, October 12, 2008

An Apple A Day...

Today I made an apple in Photoshop. It looks delicious.
I learned how to do it through PhotoshopRoadmap.com's tutorial directory.

It uses a sphere for most of the tutorial, and then warps it at the end. It taught me to use path stroking for the stem, a very powerful technique.

It's not perfect, but the things I learned I wouldn't trade for anything.

I'll probably work on it more in the future, and try to make variations of it. The tutorial actually made a green one.

It took a few hours to do, but I was talking to friends on FaceBook for the first half of the job. I also stopped to eat something.

The background was nothing
complicated. Many of the elements were simple.

I learned a very important concept, though- if you make an abstract black or white shape and use a Gaussian blur on it, and then lower its layer opacity, it makes a shadow or highlight.

You can see the tutorial HERE, if you want.

3 response(s):

rekcedeel said...

Oh, Robert. You and your apples.

Marianne said...

yummy.
i don't like the background though..but that wasn't the point, was it.

PlasmaRob said...

no... there's too much contrast between it and the background. it probably looked better when the apple was green. I was more concerned with learning to make the apple.

Post a Comment