Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Creating Water With Photoshop

A few days ago I learned to work with displacement maps in creating a water effect. Unfortunately the only good image I could find already had water.

The image on the top is the original. The one on the bottom I added some green water to. It's not perfect, especially when you compare the two, but it's pretty good, for being made from scratch. The top half of the original is all I used. I found the tutorial through PhotoshopRoadmap, as I usually do. You can assume that's where I find everything, unless I happen to say otherwise.

You basically have to learn to make displacement maps... after that, it's just a matter of copying and flipping the scenery, scaling it up, adding the displacement map, and scaling it back down. I think it's cool. I'll probably use it for projects in the future.

1 response(s):

Unknown said...

thats really cool bob!

Post a Comment