Thursday, October 23, 2008

Looking It Up

I've been trying to learn my kanji by reading things with them.
Looking the ones I don't know up, I'll learn the common ones, the ones I need to know.
That's my theory, anyway.
Thing is, my grammar's not so excellent. So it's slow work.

I am starting to get it, though. some of the ones I've learned recently are:
存在する - sonzaisuru - being
喜び - yorokobi - joy


And I've got more to go.
I just hope I'll be able to pick them up quickly. And not forget them.

The "suru" in sonzaisuru is what you add to something to make it a verb. There's a large collection of suru verbs. You conjugate the +suru (i.e. +shita, +ta, +shimasen, etc.).
Whenever you see する, it's usually after a verb, a kanji you might not know. It's easy to recognize.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment