Friday, October 24, 2008

Photoshop Artwork

I want to learn to be an artist. I want to learn to use Photoshop like some use paper and pencil. Even if I have to draw a bunch of manga characters to do it.
That's what I've decided.

For my lack of creativity, that's a bold declaration.

I'm trying to learn to draw people, but I'm not sure which style I want to pursue. Manga is only one of many forms. They don't all have names; that's just one of the ones that does, and is well known. I'd like to be able to draw people I know, in time.

This is from a lesson I took on how to draw hair. yep. It's mine.
Nothing incredible, but you can recognize it as what it is, So that's a step. My real trouble is learning to draw faces. They've always been very hard for me.
It's kind of ironic, as being a true artist requires seeing thing in parts, not just as a whole. I'm not going to go nuts drawing dumb things. I want to be able to do one thing at a time. the hair I've never been good with - that's one thing down.
Next I'll do faces. It'll take some time to get good at anything. I hope to "work my way" to being more comfortable with drawing people; I've never been good at it, and Photoshop may be my ticket out of this hole.

You basically just draw it with a crude brush, smudge the edges into the desired shape, and use thin dodge / burn strokes on highlights / midtones.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment