Saturday, October 18, 2008

Photoshopping People

I've been working on learning to photoshop people, particularly people.

One notable example is some photoshopping i did of a friend, for fun. She asked me to send a few examples to her.

I think I understand the relationship girls have with makeup now. It's a pain, but once you start, you don't want to stop, and you're never satisfied. No matter how beautiful someone is at point A, you always want to move further and further past point B; sometimes you even do more harm than good...

The most important tools for working with skin are:
  • dropper+brush, for smoothing
  • clone stamp, for replacing hard-to-brush-over areas
  • patch tool, to replace funny shaped areas
  • and making a new layer+coloring it+lowering opacity for lipstick, eyes, highlights and shadows, and other coloration changes.
I won't post exact pictures, but I will give another big piece of advice: isolate individual parts, so you can play with H/S/L and Brightness/Contrast and Levels.

If you do that with hair, you can pick whatever natural hair color you want. or something else...

0 response(s):

Post a Comment