Monday, March 9, 2009

Dragging through the Kanji

In my last piece on 日本語, I showed you the old grade 1 kanji I've been learning to write.

I'm still working on that. Not much has happened of late, though I am beginning to face some difficult realizations.

First off:
-Kanji have right to left strokes , it seems. And all kinds of other strokes.
(are you kidding!? I'm a cursed American. I wasn't taught to do this before!)

I'm learning to write correctly, as far as I can tell. Rather than look up online how to draw them, I'm just figuring it out by looking at the details. I draw them all kinds of ways, over and over until I get it right.
It's very slow and monotonous work, but I hope to see an increase in my abilities as time goes on.

There's not much to report on, other than I feel like a kindergartner. Well, I can only handle one column on that list in Writing the Kanji at a time. And yes, I'm going right-to-left. Lol...

So, yeah. That's all I got to say 'bout that.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment