Saturday, March 28, 2009

iKnow I'm Falling Behind...

Well, iknow yelled at me tonight for falling behind - it wanted me to do like, 50 of them!
Fat chance. It's late and i've got to get to bed.
I did 30, and only two words in each were new, some of them dumb numbers/weekdays still.

Today I will forbear a list, as there's little new anyway.

Here's the interesting stuff.

こっち(kocchi) - here
(i need to look up the "there" equivalent...)

開く - hiraku - open

つける(tsukuru) - switch on (to go with kesu- 消す - switch off !)

乾く - kawaku - be thirsty
二つ - futatsu - two things

Here's some I pulled from the example sentences.
The first was from "God, spirit" and other was from "why"
信じる - shinjiru - to believe/trust/have faith (in) (religious word)
泣く - naku - to cry
Tomar v. Tomaru
I have a language confusion I'm trying to sort out.
In español, to take, consume (like medicine) is "tomar"
In 日本語, to stay (overnight) (i.e. in a hotel) is "tomaru"

It makes memorizing 泊まる (tomaru) a pain.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment