Thursday, March 19, 2009

Smart.fm History 1 - Meals

I haven't spoken much about the stuff I've done at iKnow.
I do work there.
I need to get back more recently, but the 10th and 12th I was actually there getting things done.

Here's what I pulled from that day's practice and learning.

For those less interested, skip to the end, the more interesting part.


土曜日 - doyoubi - Saturday
金曜日 - kinyoubi - Friday

神 - kami - god, spirit (important in scripture!)

晩 - ban - evening, night

お父さん - otousan - father (i know お母さん - okaasan - mother, too)

太い - futoi - thick, fat
痛い - itai - painful
多分 - tabun - probably
時計 - tokei - clock, watch
どうして - doushit - why
掛ける - kakeru - hang, put on
曲がる - magaru - turn
泊まる - tomaru - stay overnight

おなか - onaka - stomach
閉める - shimeru - close, shut
嫌い - kirai - dislike
要る - iru - need, require
無い - nai - to not be
黄色い - kiiroi - yellow (a color!)
風邪 - kaze - cold (illness) (kaze means wind, too)
優しい - yasashii - gentle, kindhearted
ミーティング - mi-teingu - meeting (an english steal, obviously)


the interesting part


There are three (well, four) words I've picked up that apparently are used for meal words.
朝 - asa - morning
昼 - hiru - afternoon
晩 - ban - evening (same one seen today)
ご飯 - gohan - rice

Add them and you get:

朝ご飯 - asagohan - breakfast
昼ご飯 - hirugohan - lunch
晩ご飯 - bangohan - dinner

I guess all they eat is rice... lol...

0 response(s):

Post a Comment