Sunday, March 1, 2009

iKnow is going down... and Kanji Grade 2

I need to get on iKnow more... It's supposed to go down for a while for renovation around Wednesday.

I haven't got too much done today.

You'd think I would, as it's Sunday, but I really haven't been up to anything, really.
It's falling back and I've been doing more of photoshop.

I'll get practice in, though. I can't stop just because I have less interest than usual.

I think I'll work on finishing up the Grade 2 jouyou kanji.
There's 160 of them, as opposed to the 80 I listed (in The First 80 Kanji)

I think I have like, 75% of them or somewhere about there to where I recognize them. I need to get to work in that area, though. That way I can move on to better things.

I might list them in a few days... and add the post to my Japanese Resource site.

It takes time to put such an enormous list together, though. I have to have the kanji, kana/romaji, onyomi and kunyomi together in a chart I code myself... it's rather tedious.

I also need to sit down to paper an pen and draw the kanji over and over. That should help my ability to recognize and/or reproduce them considerably.

2 response(s):

Zaf9670 said...

So as someone who has been studying Japanese for 3 years and learning kanji along the way, I would suggest that you find a way to break down the kanji into pieces for remembering purposes.

Some make no sense but others make perfect sense like 東(ひがし) which means east is 木(tree) and 日(sun). So its the sun rising in the trees which always starts in the east.

Or you can find weird ways to remember them via radicals. They also allow you to identify kanji you don't know in the future. Best of luck.

PlasmaRob said...

Thanks for offering the help... like I've said, I'm aware. Like 秋 for autumn is when the leaves are flaming.
Right now I'm writing them over and over to improve my handwriting and to ingrain the simpler ones that are technically single radicals into my head. My mind breaks things down automatically - I won't have to make a conscious effort in that respect.

I use 電子辞書's(jisho.org) radical listings to separate

I've been studying 日本語 for almost 一年.
私はたいていの文法が終わります。 三百漢字が知ります。

Post a Comment