Saturday, February 28, 2009

Triplets and Fingering

On a side note, I beat One by Metallica on GH finally.
All I have is left now is the finale -
the battle against the devil playing Devil Went Down to Georgia.
It's both the most entertaining battle and most difficult (he's cheating scum.)

Anyway...
Today I worked on playing better, faster, etc. - It's hard work.
I got my chord progression encyclopedia out and played through the front.
I may get serious and do a harder chunk in a bit.

The latest work is toughening and improving my fingers.
I have been using my index+middle+ring to play triplets on three strings, and I'm trying to get faster at doing that. I'm mixed it up, throwing random patterns in - I even tried doing four strings with three fingers.

Also, lately I've noticed my clumsiness on the G string when barring chords. I'm not getting down to it. I need to strengthen my index finger, or at least improve my technique.

I have played through songs I know a fair bit, and I can play faster than before - so there's definitely some improvement going on.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment