Friday, February 20, 2009

Saturday Tutorializing : Energy Curves

Today I just dug through some tutorials.
I have a mountain of illustrator ones, always more photoshop ones, and I've burned myself out on attention span.
Maybe in a few weeks I'll take them seriously.
I have too many things occupying me to deal with such unimportant life tasks.
Today's piece is called Energy Curves.
I have taken my time on this one, mainly because it's a simple one that left me rather confused.

I finally figured out a principle related to layers and "clipping masks". Layers apply to all the ones below them, but you can get them to only apply to a certain one. The colors were applied over top the lines as clipping masks. this way, I could put whatever I want in the back without worrying about color spillage onto it
(this would cause a "glow look" even if done well).
In the end, I actually decided to put similar colors in the back, so it didn't matter so much. It could have, though, if say I wanted the back blue or yellow or purple.

I think it turned out ok. It's nothing incredible, but it's good considering I haven't had the emotional energy to accomplish more. I like the stars... they were a last-min addin.

The inspiration tutorial is HERE. I think his/her end result looks like crap, tho. Mine's better. I feel a little guilty saying that - Seeing as it gave me the idea.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment