Monday, February 2, 2009

Stroking Paths and Heartache

I'm working on doing something for Valentine's Day.
I do live in a bit of fear of it, though... Let's just say it will be the best or the worst day ever, and I hate uncertainty.

It's eating at me.

I'm working on a piece that's rather anti-valentine, though it didn't start out that way.
I guess it's just a mood thing.
We'll see what happens - I'm optimistic something significant will happen with it.
It's late, and I'll finish it another day.

Maybe you'll see it next time!


I found out how to use the stroke path again. I hadn't been able to fix it in ages.
I had to turn the internet upside down to figure it out.
To follow along a pen-tool path with the brush previously used,
right-click with the pen tool and select "stroke path...", check "simulate pressure", and hit ok.

that's the basics.
the problem is, in order for it to fade at the ends, you have to go to the brush menu and check/open shape dynamics, and set the size jitter (leave all bars at 0) control to "Pen Pressure".

It makes beautiful sweeps and arcs.
So as not to leave you empty-handed for today, here's a link to an easy and pretty example:
Electrifying Energy Beams

0 response(s):

Post a Comment