Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Repetitive Repetitiveness

Say that three times fast.

In all seriousness, today I saw something both surprising and irritating.
iKnow expects me to keep practicing the stuff I've passed off.

I didn't think it was so bad at first - it handed me:
持つ - motsu - to have
A very important one I'd "finished".
Then on the third and last block of the day I got four!:
置く - oku - to put
住む - sumu - to live(reside)
続く - tsuduku - to continue
分かる - wakaru - to understand

All of this gets kinda old. Review is nice, but there are other things I could be working on.
There were only three words marked as urgent/important...
出来る - dekiru - to be able/good at ...screwed this up a while back
引く - hiku - to pull, draw (like a door) ...a new one I was fuzzy on
寝る - neru - to sleep ...kinda new, but hah! I know this well.


In desperation for something original, I did pull a few in-sentence non-vocab ones:
靴 - kutsu - shoe
鳥 - tori - bird
意味 - imi - meaning
...and an often reoccurring
たくさん(takusan) - many, much, several, lots, etc.

Today's Hated Homophone (yay!) is "kiru".
着る - kiru - to wear
切る - kiru - to cut

I have spied enough "year" words I'm need to get them straight:
年 - toshi - year
今年 - kotoshi - this year
去年 - kyonen - last year
来年 - rainen - next year

Oh, and I found a cool and easy sentence for today:
I've been confused by early infinitive verb usage... it helped me.
私 は 絵 を 見る の が 好き です。
watashi wa e o miru no ga suki desu.
I (=t) pictures (=o) look at (=s) like to. t=topic p., s=subject p., o=object p.
I like to look at pictures

0 response(s):

Post a Comment