Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine's Weekend Number One

Today I worked on Valentine's day stuff in Photoshop all day.
Something is wrong with my CS2, so I'm using just CS4 now.
This is the yield of all I've been doing.
Most of the tutorials out there are nothing but abstract art focused around either a single heart or multiple ones.

It all became the same after awhile, so I elected to just make all the different hearts at once. There are nine different ones. The original background I worked on was disgusting, so I tried turning it red and that didn't help. I tried blurring it and it looks awesome now. All of these hearts can be found in one form or another at:
Web Design's "Romantic Design Trends"

It's pretty cool, in my opinion. I'm a guy - if it were any other time of the year I'm sure you'd think I'm gay. I apologize for being in touch with my feminine side. (just kidding.)

I learned how to do lots with blending options and layer styles - particularly gradient overlays.
I know how to do the little shiny reflections now! That's something that's been eating at me.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment