Monday, February 9, 2009

Another Dancing Tuesday

This Saturday is the day the dance-teaching will occur.
Tonight we got all of the waltz straightened out, and we spent the time doing other stuff.
We covered the basics of many things.

The main things we did were:
Foxtrot, Cha Cha, Rumba, and Swing.

-Foxtrot was the most confusing when it came to aligning it to music.

-My cha-cha is back! Yay!

-I believe the rumba was a bit like waltz for a 2/4 or 4/4 music timing.
It seems to be the most useful.

-It was a different swing from the kind I know. Useful, nonetheless.


Well, I could let this hijack my guitar article, but I refuse.
So...
Lately I've gone out running/jogging and I'm getting in better shape.
I listen to my iPod during that time.
I'm beginning to think I want to learn a song by Rocket Summer.
I'm just not sure which... I like many of them.

I haven't had too much time for my guitar, with adding on Illustrator to my Photoshop workload. Illustrator is slowing everything down.
Hopefully I'll get what I need learned and accomplished soon, so everything can catch up.

I'm thinking of writing a song for Valentine's day, but I'm not sure when or of what.
I might write it and play it for Sarah when I get the chance.

Today's song of note is "colors" - by - you guessed it - Rocket Summer.
I don't have that album, and I'm waiting for a chance to go buy it.

If I had to choose one artist out of all of them, if I had to throw out all my music except for one, that one, If I could be any of the people who's music I listen to, it would be Bryce Avary aka The Rocket Summer.

I don't "idolize" people , don't get me wrong. But his music relates to me emotionally and by lyric more than any other. I'm not very emotional, either... lol...
If would give almost anything to be able to make music like him.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment