Friday, February 27, 2009

Having Fun Again ! Pomp-Tuition!

Today I did something in Photoshop.... something FUN!
I usually get impatient and annoyed - I was getting a little impatient with this one, but I'm done.
I'm glad to be back in the PS department.
It's called Pomp-Tuition.
It's from a tutorial I did off a PS-Roadmap link. I like the process - though I messed up the lighting at the end. I need to go back and see if I can fix it, maybe do it again better.

It taught that if you play with Layer Styles and get a neat one, you can copy+paste it on several different things. It was all actual characters that were rotated and placed. Most of the layers were text layers. It's not a fancy font - just something plain, blown up large, with layer styles of inner shadow, outer glow, and bevel/emboss.

The font was Georgia, by the way... and the streaks/ribbons were done simply with the pen tool.

I liked it! I hope to do something much better next time around.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment