Saturday, February 7, 2009

String Bending

I ran into a few problems with reading tabs recently - there was notation for something I'd never learned.

It's string bending!
If you push a sounding string left or right with the finger holding it down, it makes a
whammy bar - sounding noise.

personally, I don't care for the whammy - it deadens the sound too quick, and it makes your strings wear out faster. With all the technique out there, A whammy push is really not worth the trouble in my opinion.

But this trick, however.... is awesome. Very bluesy in certain contexts.
It's not particularly difficult, and has a lot of application.

I discovered it in Welcome To The Jungle tabs - something from GHIII.
I happened to hear it on the radio on the way to the Red-and-White Ball tonight... lol...

That was a lot of fun - that dance was youth and singles, so I got to spend time with my many friends old and new...
On another note, I actually people I can label friends now.
Life isn't so bad, I guess.

I am still dreading V-Day.

1 response(s):

Marianne said...

when you call it v-day it makes it sound so much worse... just another one of those silly holidays.

Post a Comment