Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Moving on to Difficult

I finally am posting my ones left behind again... this is the last for today.

At Guitar Cardio I just tried to do one on the level "difficult". It wasn't very... well, difficult.
It looks like the main difference is It was far higher notes.

Medium went anywhere from 1 to 11 on the fretboard.
The one I just did used 11,13, and 14.

I have to say, though... one I did was different. It was "double skip" triplets in C#, and they're a little more confusing.

I think the rule of thumb is to stay away from Medium until you're ready/capable of barring chords, and stay away from difficult until you've mastered every kind of chord in any position (like me, i suppose)

I bet Guitar Cardio would have helped me a lot more had I found it years ago...
But I'm obligated to make up for lost time if I wanna be good, then...

I'm proud of myself, tho... to be told I can handle anything cheers me up considerably.
It's nice to have a second opinion on your skill level.

The best guitarists don't tell people they're good... people just know.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment