Sunday, March 22, 2009

Finishing iKnow Backup

I've been meaning to go over some stuff I covered the 12th at smart.fm/iKnow.
It was the last time I put real work in.

Those of you with short attention spans can skip ahead to the highlights.
I like to put this list down for my own sake.

大好き - daisuki - loved (adj)
晴れる - hareru - to be sunny, clear up
汚い - kitanai - dirty
空く - suku - be empty
上る - noboru - to go up
髪の毛 - kaminoke - hair
茶色 - chairo - light brown
ご飯 - gohan - rice
つける - tsukeru - switch on
日 - nichi - day

月曜日 - getsuyoubi - Monday
今週 - konshuu - this week
開く - hiraku - to open
あれ - are - that(over there)
二 - ni - two
閉まる - shimaru - shut, be closed
締める - shimeru - fasten, tighten
水 - mizu - water
入る - hairu - enter
片仮名 - katakana

まずい - mazui - bad tasting, bad
ひらがな - hiragana
曇る - kumoru - become cloudy
触る - sawaru - touch, feel
駄目 - dame - no good
書き直す - kakinaosu - rewrite
飲み物 - nomimono - drink, beverage
木曜日 - mokuyoubi - thursday
曜日 - youbi - day of week
そば - soba - side, vicinity



Okay, now that's out of the way...

The Highlights

Things I take note of:

days of the week = cliché. See Here if you really gotta know.
Numbers = also cliché. See Here for numbers.

I did see the connection that:
taberu = to eat, tabemono=food
nomu= to drink, nomimono=beverage

So what's "mono" mean? I went and found out, of course.
物 - mono - thing, object

So now we know 食べ物 = "food thing", and 飲み物 = "drink thing".
Huh.

Aside a lot of basic words that day, I spotted:

汚い - kitanai - dirty
まずい (mazui) - bad-tasting, bad

髪の毛 - kaminoke - hair(on head)
and this 毛 for hair, coat, covering looks TOO MUCH like 手 for hand.
Poo. Oh well... I'll get over it.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment