Thursday, March 26, 2009

Struggling with Raindrops

Today I worked to come up with some kind of neat water/rain effect art in Photoshop.

That's what I wanted to discuss today...
Unfortunately, I failed miserably.

I did a few, but it's not what I want.

So I've decided there'll be a take-two on this. I'll show you some once i've had success.

Making a cheap water drop style in photoshop is easy, though.
If you draw something on a layer, and turn the fill to 0% instead of the opacity, only the layer style will show through. Do that, and use inner shadow, outer shadow, and bevel&emboss correctly, and water is actually very straightforward.

I will be more particular on the particulars, so to speak, once I get something productive finished.

Until then, I'll have to drown in clover... I really want to do a "rain" art piece, for April, though.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment