Monday, March 2, 2009

Incoming!!! New Artwork

I have a lot of new stuff I've spit out since last time... I can't even show it all now... I'm saving some for next time!

First off... Fiery Collapse
This one is my first attempt at artwork using zoom and spin in (filter, blur) radial blur. It is almost a concept piece in that respect. I like it - to me it's matter approaching the event horizon of a black hole. Nobody knows what happens once it's beyond that line. Not even light can escape it, so once info or material goes in, nothing comes out - there's no way to know. As things are squished with near infinite force, the temperatures generated are ridiculous. That's why my colors of choice were red, yellow and white.

This one is called Vector Exit
I like this one probably the most out of the three. It's arrows and bubbles fleeing toward the horizon. Toward what? From what? that's for you to decide. It was all transform - perspective that did it - unfortunately I had to battle against quality loss.

It has almost a sci-fi feel to it - like it's some white room opening into outer space. Life is like that; you're sucked into the future whether you like it or not.

This is Positive Influx
I did this one similar to the first, but there was a lot more play to it. I added colors on a top color-mode layer with a soft low-opacity brush. It's the energy flowing through the electrons in an electric cord of some kind. It started as an attempt to make my own brushes, which had a give-a-mouse-a-cookie effect... one experiment led to another until I did a whole image. I originally hadn't planned on doing anything else today, what with the other two and all.

Like I said, more next time... That's Thursday, I think.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment