Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Playing Guitar (Hero +/- Hero)/2

It's a math trick for being both guitar and guitar hero, for those of you not in a thinking mood.
I was bored and did that to entertain myself... it's something I used to use in programming.

The whole title thing?
My brother was playing Barracuda on expert and I was sitting there with my real guitar playing along. I learned it as he went... lol... I'm getting better at playing by ear.

I've been playing all the songs I know, and I needed to pick up something new... so I did.

It's called Taylor by... yep. Jack Johnson.

I know it should get rather old to keep learning his songs...
But every time I do, I learn something I needed to, something significant.

This time around it's getting more serious on the hammer-ons and pull-offs. I wouldn't have been capable of doing it until now. I've thought about learning this one for months, though, so it's about time. It's a good thing I didn't, too because I probably wouldn't have been able to and would have given up.

Eliza discovered Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade, and I haven't played that one in ages. It's one that's technically piano, but it's the type that sounds good on guitar too.
Too bad How to Save a Life (by The Fray) doesn't, or I'd have learned it too.
I feel obligated to brush up on it. It's just C,F,G, and Am, but because that's all they use, it's shuffled up so many ways that the memorization is a nightmare.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment