Monday, January 5, 2009

(Following Her) Into The Dark

I made a big discovery when I was playing bits and pieces of Lee's What It Does to Us this evening. I was about to go to bed, but I forgot to post here anyway.

I'll Follow You Into The Dark
- by Death Cab for Cutie - an incredible song... was introduced to me by Eliza long ago, funnily enough, who I just got off the phone and/or texting with. What about it?

Well... Lee can play it. And I was playing two of the chords he uses in his song... the sound was familiar... and then it hit me! I thought I was just imagining it at first, but I looked up the video to go listen to it, and sure enough - Perhaps he was inspired by it, however subliminally... I love it! I'm going to learn it. I have to... It will be marginally difficult, and I was looking for a challenge in my next song to learn. It fits perfect!

I wasn't even thinking about that song at the time. It took forever to figure out where in the past I had heard that sound...


If Heaven and Hell decide that they both are satisfied -
illuminate the "no"s on their vacancy signs,
if there's no one beside you when your soul embarks...
then I'll follow you into the dark.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment