Thursday, January 29, 2009

Nothing New! Yay! - Issues Resolved and Electricity

I've officially handled all of the vocabulary words...
I had wondered why it only gave me one new one instead of two.

So it will all be review now.
腕 - ude - arm
That's it for now.

I've studied to write - it's just 書く - kaku.
That had been bugging me for a while.
I'm glad to have something authoritative finally clarify.

My latest blunders and wonders are:
電話 - denwa - telephone (not iKnow vocab)
電車 - densha - train
電気 - denki - light or electricity(not iKnow vocab)
自転車 - jitensha - bicycle

In case you haven't noticed my pattern, I've discovered a new common kanji.
It's electricity - 電. the typical pronunciation is den-____.
It isn't a word by itself - electricity is 電気(denki)

A couple more fun words with it:

電子 - denshi - electron
電池 - denchi - battery
停電 - teiden - power outage/blackout
電圧 - denatsu - voltage
電光 - denkou - lightning
電動 - dendou - electric
電卓 - dentaku - calculator
電線 - densen - power line(s)
電撃 - dengeki - electric shock

your calculator's battery was shocked by lightning!
私の電卓の電池は電光で電撃だった!


lol... sorry. I couldn't resist. lol... No pun intended either.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment