Sunday, January 25, 2009

Shadowed Scarlet

This time I decided to go find a picture I took myself and edit it.
The results were good, but I spent more time on it than usual.
Here beside me at the top is the original. This is from years ago at my old house. It was either from our garden or our neighbor's - I can't remember which.
One of the things I've learned with photography is sometimes the great one come to you - you just have to get out there and take lots to find something worthwhile.
That's where this one came from.
This one is today's piece, though it took a few days. I like it - it's better than it looks. It came out rather blurry when I uploaded it. I learned that if you select individual colors and turn them into layers, you can make look like anything . I used layer masks and noise gradients to make the light and dark. It took practice to figure out how to make the light not look lame.
Today's tip: When imitating perspective lighting, duplicate your "light" and erase different parts of each. having different light layers for different areas is key.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment