Friday, January 30, 2009

Old memories, New Creations

Years ago I read this article on how to do a cool abstract work in Photoshop.
Today's piece, Greenery Light, is based upon it - I dug it up again.
It's simply applying the technique of brush shadowing and highlighting on a layer selection and setting it to overlay. Playing with opacity is also important. I started with a special noise gradient background.

This one in my eyes is an abysmal heart-breaking failure. The geometry is a nightmare. I messed it up big time. I tried to half-follow the tutorial, and got neither what he wanted or what I wanted.

Still, the colors are pretty. I'm sure it's not as bad as I make it out to be. I'm thinking of re-doing it, though.
It's a sign that my life is getting better, anyways. Lately my from-scratch work has been a lot darker.

The tutorial on how to some of this and better can be found HERE.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment