Thursday, January 29, 2009

Waltzing Around... And Still Practicing.

This Valentine's Day I'm going to be co-teaching people to waltz at the little dance/ball thing I'm going to. I went and worked on it all with friends tonight. I'm a bit rusty, but I'm far better off than I was beforehand.

Today I worked on my blog code. I spent a lot of time, and didn't get much to show done. Oh well. Stuff is in the works. That's always something.


That's been most of my day - I haven't done much more with my guitar than what I'm doing now.
I'm just practicing speed and technique - nothing interesting.

It's stuff from Guitar Cardio. You really should check it out, those of you that play or are learning guitar.
It makes you better - significantly. Dunno if I said this before, but it's akin to the Hanon series for piano.

I played I Will Follow You Into The Dark the best I ever have tonight.
My singing is improving.
That's saying something. Vocal chords aren't something to be "fixed" magically.
I've learned not looking at my guitar helps.

What I'm concerned about is how sloppy I seem lately. maybe something's amiss. I just need to figure out what.
It could be the strings - maybe one just need tuning... i'll deal with it tomorrow.
It may be I'm just tired - or more observant than usual.

I have had trouble barring chords - namely the D string. Maybe I'm just improving from dead to flat or weak.
It could be a good thing, in a twisted way. I'm not thinking straight, tho.

I guess I'll head to bed.

2 response(s):

Unknown said...

good luck teaching!

PlasmaRob said...

thanks.

Post a Comment