Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Typing In Any Language!

Well... iKnow didn't yell at me today. It only wanted me to do 30.
Today I have:

着る - kiru - to wear
笑う - warau - to smile
一番 - ichiban - most
授業 - jugyou - class, lesson
週 - shuu - week
and... wait for it... 漢字 - kanji !!!

I "completed" my first kanji, 持つ - motsu - to have



My mom wanted me to look into some French stuff for her, since I was able to find lots of easy Japanese resources. I found a handy trick to typing in any of the romantic languages. For those of you interested, you can set your language bar so it will type any character for French, German, Spanish, etc.

If you know how to open your language bar settings, (right-click start-bar> toolbars> language bar> click triangle on bottom right> settings...) Do so and click add. scroll down to look for the English one already checked and find U.S. - International.

Also, another set of instructions are here: http://www.conted.und.edu/coursedev/span1012006/TypeSpanish.htm

That will give your language bar a second option. If selected, you can type español, français, and deutsch characters that you couldn't otherwise, like ñ, ç, á,é,í,ó,ú, à,è,ì,ò,ù, ä,ë,ï,ö,ü,
You can set shortcuts to switch between language settings, too.

What you do is type with the [~ / `], [" / '], and [^ / (no 6)] keys. It will wait for you to hit space for a regular BUT instead you let go, and then type the letter. For ¡ and ¿ hold RIGHT alt and then press then type the normal ones.

Try pressing everything with right-alt!
numbers and punctuation -¡ ² ³ ¤ € ¼ ½ ¾ ‘ ’ ¥ × « » ¬ ¶ ´ ¿ ç
QWERTYUIOP=äåé®þüúíóö
ASD=áßð L=ø
Z=æ NM=ñµ

0 response(s):

Post a Comment