Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Up All Night...

Late at night is probably not the best time to practice my Japanese... especially when I have other garbage to deal with.
I'll finish up and note not to do this again... but seriously -
私は寝るが欲しい。

I ran into something rather irritating today:
hayai.
it's not new, but it's still annoying. I thought it meant early/fast.
it kinda does. but it doesn't. it means each of them separately.
It's another freaking homophone.
早い - hayai - early
速い - hayai - fast
That is retarded.

Words for the day:
全部 - zenbu - all, whole
去年 - kyonen - last year
図書館 - toshokan - library
引く - hiku - draw, pull
緑 - midori - green, foliage
上げる - ageru - to raise, to improve

I have a new kana-only word:
たくさん(takusan) - many, much

sorry for ending on a low note.
But my heart's empty. I might smile tomorrow.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment