Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Eliza's Nebulae

Yay! I love projects that aren't an entire flop! This one did okay.
This evening I spent the whole time on the phone with a dear friend, and afterward I was sitting on the couch in the quiet living room - everyone was gone at the time. My laptop was sitting there. I looked at it. It looked back at me. I thought to myself... hmm...

I opened it to my FireFox and there it was! The perfect tutorial. If anyone's interested, you can find it here at PSD Vault. It's a rather silly how-to-make-a-nebula thingy, but I like my end result. Keep in mind tutorals are guidelines (I don't keep the rules) , but it covers basically how I did it.

I did the first main piece twice however, rather than using the clone stamp as suggested. I thought his clone stamp use was rather lame. You have to be more subtle than that when using the clone stamp, else the reoccurences make it repetitive and yucky.

The tutorial asked you to make a new brush - I added it to my personal collection.
It's a neat little grainy star maker.
I also used my own brush trick on the coloring part - I used a giant blue soft brush with color dynamics. If you understand color dynamics (see The Brush Technique How-To if you're curious) you can use good colors, without consciously deciding specifically what to use. Plus, I love randomness!

0 response(s):

Post a Comment