Thursday, January 15, 2009

Passing A Note

I didn't get this post done on time because I had a lot to do today. I was at a dance all night - it was a lot of fun, though - I made many new friends.
Passing A Note is the name of my new piece for today. It's a work based on my new knowledge of brushes.

I used a fade-off size/opacity jitter to make it go out into the distance.

To get the pen tool to stroke the lines like I wanted took some time... a nice-looking stroke path is hard to do - the natural two-way fade-off one that "simulates pressure" is almost impossible to get to happen, even when instructed how to by the internet. There's just too many things that can screw it up. Luckily I didn't need it, but I need to figure out how to get it to work eventually.

There's a beautiful "fractal" trick I discovered a little while back - I got it to work on a music note - that's where the inspiration came from here.

Also, I just found the tune for the song I'm going to write. I'll cover that tomorrow, though.

0 response(s):

Post a Comment